- Are you interested in Management Consulting?
- Do you love solving messy, complex strategic and organizational change problems?
- Do you get energy from thinking about better ways to do things and how to get there?
- Do you pride yourself on your ability to think strategically but also roll up your sleeves and dig in to produce detailed work?
- Are you interested in working with a high-performance team with big aspirations?
If so, we’d like to see your application for our Associate position with the Stack’d Consulting Calgary team.
About the Position
As an Associate, you are an integral member of our high-performance team and are critical for the delivery and execution of client projects. Working as part of an autonomous consulting team, you will work collaboratively with your team to solve complex problems for our clients. Day-to-day, you will enable project delivery by:
- Participating in and leading client projects;
- Supporting and facilitating client meetings and workshops;
- Performing best practice research and analysis;
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative evaluations;
- Developing solutions and recommendations; and,
- Creating project deliverables.
In addition, you will have opportunities to participate in and lead internal projects to improve how we work as we seek efficiencies and growth opportunities as a firm. Above all else, you’ll be focused on learning and developing your skills to become an exceptional Management Consultant.
A note to potential candidates: This is a hybrid role. The Stack’d Calgary team works in office / at client site on average three (3) days per week out of the Calgary location.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Commerce, Economics, or other comparable fields.
- One to two years of work experience (co-op and internship experience is desirable).
- Must be legally able to work in Canada and have the ability to work in the United States.
- Must be willing to relocate to Calgary, Alberta.
- Critical Thinking – You are curious and skeptical of information presented to you. You like to dig deeper and consider opinions and materials from different sources and perspectives to form your own opinion on a topic.
- Logical Reasoning – You can logically structure arguments, ideas, concepts, and solutions in a step-by-step, easy to follow manner.
- Information Analysis – You enjoy getting into complicated and messy data and information and understand how to translate it into easy-to-understand and pragmatic insights.
- Verbal & Written Communication – You can clearly and concisely articulate and simplify complex ideas and recommendations across both verbal and written mediums.
- Attention to Detail – You sweat the small details in your work and have a keen eye for standardization and consistency.
- Self-Starter – You don’t need or want constant supervision. You know how to work independently and advance your work towards team goals and timelines.
- Learning & Development – You understand your own strengths and weaknesses in your skills and knowledge. You actively seek knowledge, direction, guidance, and advice to help you advance you day-to-day work, professional development, and personal development.
- Teamwork – You understand the dynamics of working with others and can operate effectively in a team setting. You thrive working together collaboratively and independently towards a common objective.
- Tools of the Trade – You have intermediate knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of tools, with a specific emphasis on PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Teams.
Why Join Stack’d?
We are a boutique management consulting firm founded in 2015 with a track record of doing messy, transformational projects across North America.
In our work, we exist to untap the potential within our clients, communities, and ourselves so that we can all grow and thrive. We work with bold leaders and leadership teams looking to make a real and lasting business transformation. Leaders who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo to grow, innovate, and fundamentally transform how they operate to improve the experiences of their teams, customers, and communities.
As a firm, we operate as a high-performance team (it is in our name after all). To know what it’s like to work at Stack’d is to know how we play.
- We win and lose together. Always.
- We are disciplined. Even at our most fallible.
- We care deeply. (…Probably too much.)
- We work hard. The results show it.
- We all contribute. No excuses or exceptions.
- We strive to push further every day for our clients, each other, and ourselves.
- We take and honor all team members time to rest and recharge.
- We appreciate and encourage personal and professional wins and growth.
- We don’t need to be the smartest person in the room*.
- We despise the status quo.
- We thrive in dispelling ambiguity and noise.
- We are clear on the roles we each play and grow our expertise.
- We trust each other and hold one another accountable.
- We take risks. The team has your back.
- We are odd, and proud of it.
If Stack’d sounds like a place where you want to play hard, learn, and grow, apply by forwarding your CV and cover letter showcasing why you believe you are well-suited for this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that a component of the interview process will include a written and verbal response(s) to a case study. We thank all applicants in advance for your interest in Stack’d.