Are you a great advisor who excels at facilitation, creativity, structure, and analysis?
Do you love to help your clients to rethink how they operate, where they’re going, and the best way to get there?
Do you love to get sh*t done as part of a high-performing team?
If so, we’re looking for someone like you to join our team as a kick-ass Senior Consultant.
Forbes deemed 2020 the year of #purpose.
We exist to untap the potential that exists within our clients, our communities, and ourselves, so that we can all grow and thrive.
- We only work with leaders who take transformation seriously.
- We counsel the bold.
- We elevate the conversation.
- We leave every room (virtual or real-world) better than when we found it.
We dare you to find a group of Management Consultants that operates with a One Team mindset like we do. Engagements are resourced with team members who not only all pull in the same direction but complement eachother’s skills and capabilities. No managing up, facetime requirements, or internal politics; just a group of talented people who respect each other and pull their weight.
If you believe you have the knowledge and the experience to contribute, and feel that this past year has left you certain that connection, collaboration and chemistry will guide your next career move, we’d love to talk to you.
Ultimately, we offer rewarding experiences for passionate go-getters who want to move fast and create lasting impact.
Senior Consultant is really the engine of our firm. The successful candidate(s) will be expected to lead projects and workstreams, design and execute facilitated experiences, provide high value to our clients, and help build our firm and brand.
So, what do we want? Minimum table stakes are:
- Someone who is aligned with and lives our values; and,
- Someone who believes in and wants to further our purpose: to untap the potential that exists within ourselves, our clients, and communities so we can grow and thrive.
For this specific role, we’re really looking for someone who is:
- Organized, Structured, and Disciplined: Focused on setting a plan, and working a plan, helping to move the team to accomplish its objectives and meet its commitments.
- Empathetic: Regularly walks a mile in others shoes and seeks to understand things from their perspective.
- Comfortable at the Front of the Room: Capable of speaking up, commanding a room, and leading a conversation with multiple levels of stakeholders.
- A Great Listener: Actively listens to clients with an ability to understand and play back their desires, needs, wants, and motivations. Asks a tonne of questions.
- Remarkable Storyteller: Able to effectively communicate verbally and in written form.
- Analytical: Isn’t going to get lost in data, can carry their own in a conversation, and figure our what is important vs. what’s noise.
- Attention to Detail / Willing to be the Standard Bearer: Sweats the small details without falling into perfectionism / diminishing returns.
- Self-Starter, but not a Lone Wolf: Will work independently but not alone. Moves from activity to activity without being asked or prompted. Checks in early and often. Doesn’t need to be coached on effort.
- Team Player: Actively engages the team; seeks input but also actively participates in discussions to make better outcomes. Cares and helps teammates be the best versions of themselves. Thinks ‘pass first.’
- Gets Sh*t Done: Works at a velocity and encourages others to do so. Inspires others through actions and setting a great example.
- Extreme Ownership: You give a damn. You meet your commitments. You take accountability for your actions. The team trusts that you’ll do what you say you’ll do.
- Learning and Self-Improvement is a Priority: Knows and is always seeking to learn, improve, and be better tomorrow than they are today.
- Previous Organizational Design Experience is an asset: While we do a lot of different types of engagements, we find that our clients love our organizational design work, and that it’s a great proxy for a lot of the other work we do. If you like to live at the intersection of strategy and human capital, and, help leaders to design and enable a structure that supports their strategy – we need to talk.
To demonstrate all of the above experiences, there’s a good chance that you’ve got previous management consulting experience at a large firm or an established boutique.
- An Undergraduate degree and relevant professional work experience is a pre-requisite. This is not an entry-level position;
- Previous management consulting experience from an established firm is desirable;
- A willingness to travel both domestically and internationally, including the ability to work in the United States – when it is safe to do so again.
The Stack’d Story
We are a boutique management consulting firm that was founded in 2015 and have a proven track record of doing cool work across North America.
Over the past number of years, we have completed exciting projects, had a few laughs and bumps along the way, and are continuing to define who we want to be when we grow up.
What do we do?
We help leaders transform their businesses when it matters. Whether they are at their next stage of growth, their business is under attack from a competitor, or their business simply isn’t performing, we help leaders figure out how to grow and win in the markets in which they compete.
We are our customers’ partners when it matters most.
Recent sample projects:
- We helped a 1000+ person organization in the utility industry rethink how they should operate and be structured to achieve their long-term strategic priorities, attain their desired financial performance, and become more customer centric.
- We helped two markets leaders who provide impulse merchandising in the consumer-packaged goods industry merge their operations that spanned North America and employed over 2000 personnel.
- We helped a billion-dollar heavy equipment dealer that had grown rapidly through acquisitions, challenge what its branch network strategy should be to leverage its economies of scale and drive improved profitability.
Our Target Clients
What industries do we serve?
- We are industry agnostic. We believe we are experts in our business and our clients are experts in theirs. As a result, the clients we have served span multiple industries such as Agriculture, Electricity, Natural Gas, Oil Field Services, Upstream Oil and Gas, Private Equity, Consumer Packaged Goods, Construction, Post-Secondary Education, Health Care, Not-for-Profits, and the Public Sector
Who are our clients?
- Our customers are typically in the C-Suite (VP level or higher) in mid-to-large sized companies.
Please note, a component of the interview process, will include a verbal response(s) to a case study. We thank all applicants in advance for your interest in Stack’d.