The Stack'd Story
Stack’d Consulting Inc. (“Stack’d”) is a management consulting firm headquartered in Calgary that was established as a result of the separation of the Alberta consulting practice of Conroy Ross Partners in 2015. Originally founded in 2002, the practice has a history of successfully serving North American clients in both the private and public sectors. Our success is a function of uncompromising quality in the team we are building and the services we deliver. Our name reflects this:
Stack'd (adj.) /stakt/
- A team with superior players relative to other teams;
- Arranging the cards in a deck to give one side an unfair advantage.
OR in other words....
For bold leaders who want to deliver amazing.
We exist to make a meaningful difference with our clients by helping them achieve their full potential. We do so by analyzing their business’ key issues and opportunities, and aligning their leadership teams on purposeful action. This enables clear, strategic decision-making which defines their organization’s long-term success and sustainability. We are tenacious about excelling at our craft, so that clients receive undeniable value. When clients are challenged with complex issues or opportunities, we believe that by combining strengths, we can stack the deck, and “deliver amazing”.
The services that we provide where we “deliver amazing” include:
- Strategy and Business Planning;
- Organizational Governance;
- Business Evaluation and Transformation; and,
- Post-Merger Integration.
Our core values define who we are, how we behave, and what to expect when you work with Stack’d. Our people live and breathe these values:
- Deliver Amazing. We have a passion for excellence and are driven to make an impact on our clients, communities and teammates.
- Be Great, Not Good. As individuals, we are humble but realize that excellence is a habit, and that there are always ways to be better, as complacency is not an option.
- Insatiable Curiosity. We seek to understand, knowing that why is often more important than what.
- Don’t Be Afraid. We are willing to challenge the status quo, try something new even if it might result in failure, and to say what we think even it is controversial.
- One Team. We never give up and know how to win and lose as a team.
- Serious Fun. We don’t take ourselves too seriously. We work hard, play hard, but most importantly, we are a little odd and that is ok!
What we are looking for
The Manager role is an intermediate-level management consulting position that reports directly to Stack’d leadership A successful candidate will be expected to manage the delivery of exceptional results for our clients, identify and secure meaningful engagements with new and existing clients, actively network and foster key relationships, and lead the development of our team and practice.
Being Successful at Stack’d
It is critical that the successful candidate aligns with our values described above. In addition, to be successful at Stack’d candidates for this position need to demonstrate the ability to:
- Manage projects and lead client teams such that engagements are completed on time, on budget, and within a team environment that fosters collaboration, learning, and fun;
- Produce and oversee the creation of high quality, insightful and actionable client solutions that exceed expectations, based on effective problem identification, strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills, and innovative thinking;
- Maintain quality standards while prioritizing and managing various demands, often under demanding schedules that require focused efforts;
- Develop strong client relationships by behaving with integrity and professionalism, demonstrating strong listening and comprehension skills, and excelling at facilitation and presentation delivery at an executive level;
- Continuously develop abilities for selling consulting services, based on an established local reputation and network;
- Actively foster team development and culture by providing ongoing feedback and support to Stack’d colleagues, and continuously improve the firm by assisting with the development of intellectual property, methods, tools, and services; and,
- Continuously improve the firm by providing leadership in the development of practice plans, intellectual property, methods, tools and services.
- An Undergraduate degree and a minimum of 7 years of relevant professional work experience;
- Experience at a management consulting firm and a Master’s degree is preferred;
- An established network within the Calgary business community is considered an asset; and,
- A willingness to travel both domestically and internationally, including the ability to work in the United States.
Why Join Stack’d?
As part of the Stack’d team, expect a demanding and rewarding experience solving tough client problems. This means opportunities to:
- Work directly with executives and senior leaders in leading organizations in Canada and the United States;
- Establish your own niche within our firm by developing your client network and service expertise;
- Strengthen your expertise as a member of an exceptional team that mentors one another to deliver high quality client outcomes;
- Be part of a collegial and supportive work environment characterized by integrity and respect;
- Work in an entrepreneurial culture that rewards initiative and results; and,
- Have a meaningful impact building and developing a firm that is growing rapidly, and having fun doing it!
How to Apply
Please submit your résumé and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org